Erik "Rick" Nadolink is an experienced trial attorney focusing his practice on products liability and medical malpractice litigation. He has first and second-chaired numerous trials, winning defense verdicts in some of the most difficult plaintiffs' jurisdictions in the nation, including Los Angeles, CA; Madison County, IL; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA, and Tampa, FL, among others. He has defended manufacturers in multi-million and multi-billion dollar complex product liability cases in federal and state courts across the country.
Rick also has broad experience litigating and managing all aspects of complex litigation in addition to trial work, including complex motions practice; extensive fact and expert deposition discovery; preparing and defending corporate witnesses and employees; fact investigation; document discovery and management; use of protective orders to safeguard proprietary and privileged materials; and appellate issues.
Prior to joining Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell, Mr. Nadolink also defended large professional financial services providers in securities litigation.
Since 2005, Rick has:
- Successfully tried high exposure cases to defense verdicts for national defendants in California, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Ohio, and Virginia.
- First and second-chaired additional high exposure trials to favorable mid-trial resolutions in California, Illinois, Louisiana, Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and South Carolina among others.
- Won summary judgment motions in many jurisdictions, including most recently briefing and argument before the MDL in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania on a complex issue concerning the government contractor defense as it applies to equipment manufacturers in asbestos litigation, potentially impacting hundreds or even thousands of similar cases currently pending before the panel.
- Managed discovery and trial preparation in hundreds of cases set for trial for several national asbestos litigation clients, as well as numerous hospitals, doctors, and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice cases.
- Taken and defended hundreds of critical fact, corporate, and expert depositions in dozens of high exposure products liability and medical malpractice cases.
- Successfully briefed and argued two writs to the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Mediated favorable resolutions in numerous high exposure products liability and medical malpractice cases in various federal and state jurisdictions throughout the country.
LeClair Ryan, P.C.
Hunton & Williams
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Colorado Super Lawyers
Personal Injury Defense: Products, 2013
Colorado Rising Stars
Personal Injury Defense: Products, 2009-2010
American Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
Virginia Bar Association
The Lewis F. Powell, Jr. American Inn of Court