LaMar is a member of several national trial teams at Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell, focusing his practice in product liability, mass torts, medical malpractice, oil and gas, employment, and commercial litigation. He has successfully tried cases, conducted evidentiary hearings, and prevailed on dispositive motions in multiple federal and state courts. LaMar has also represented clients in federal multidistrict litigation and in cases remanded from multidistrict litigation. LaMar is responsive to his clients' needs throughout the litigation process, aggressive in fact and expert discovery, proactive at mediation, and always ready to defend his clients at trial.
In addition to trial work, LaMar has an active appellate practice. He has handled complex appeals for industry and individuals in a variety of practice areas, including constitutional law, environmental law, insurance and intellectual property. He has argued and briefed several appeals in the Tenth Circuit and Colorado appellate courts, and through the appellate process, has assisted in making law favorable to industry in the states within the Tenth Circuit.
In recent years, LaMar has:
- First and second chaired multi-million dollar personal injury trials in Nevada, New Jersey, California, and Texas.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Fortune 10 manufacturing company after arguing the motion in the District of Wyoming.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a hospital in a medical malpractice case in California state court.
- Successfully briefed and argued the appeal of a medical malpractice case in the Disctrict of Columbia Court of Appeals.
- Specialized in and advised clients in medical malpractice cases involving hyperbilirubinemia and kernicterus.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a hospital in a hyperbilirubinemia case in California state court.
- Successfully briefed an issue of first impression under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of a geo-environmental consulting company, and then successfully opposed the plaintiff's petition for a writ of certiorari in the United States Supreme Court.
- Second chaired a multi-million dollar medical malpractice lawsuit to a defense verdict in the District of Columbia.
- Second chaired a multi-million dollar product liability case to a defense verdict in the plaintiff-friendly venue of Cook County, Illinois.
- Assisted in obtaining a defense verdict for a large telecommunications company in a "whistleblower" case in the District of Colorado.
- Assisted in obtaining a favorable verdict in the damages phase of a reverse bifurcated trial in Pennsylvania state court, after which the plaintiff settled the case for a nominal amount prior to the liability phase of trial.
- Obtained a $4.2 million judgment on behalf of an energy company in Colorado state court.
- Obtained judgment in favor of an Oregon-based company in a hotly contested trademark case in the District of Colorado.
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal for a Colorado company in the plaintiff-friendly venue of Madison County, Illinois.
- Obtained summary judgment for a Fortune 10 manufacturing company after arguing the motion in Washington state court.
- Obtained summary judgment for a regional legal malpractice carrier after arguing the motion in the District of Wyoming.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of a law firm at the Rule 12(b) stage in a multimillion dollar RICO action in the Western District of Missouri.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a national insurance carrier in the District of Colorado and successfully defended the favorable judgment in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Obtained summary judgment in the District of Colorado on behalf of an insurance carrier in a multi-million dollar bad faith case.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturing company in a product liability case in Washington state court based upon a novel jurisdictional argument.
- Prevailed at an evidentiary hearing to enforce a settlement agreement before a federal magistrate judge in the District of Colorado.
- Prevailed at an evidentiary hearing in Colorado state court to set aside a judgment entered against a national retailer prior to WTO's retention.
- Obtained a voluntary dismissal on behalf of a German-based manufacturing company in a multi-million dollar product liability action shortly before trial.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Eastern New Mexico University
Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
Colorado Rising Stars
Personal Injury Defense: Products, 2009-2014
Law Week Colorado's Up-and-Coming Lawyers
Colorado Bar Association
Denver Bar Association
Supreme Court Historical Society
Law Clerk to The Honorable Bobby R. Baldock, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Law Clerk to The Honorable Clarence A. Brimmer, United States District Court for the District of Wyoming
St. Ignatius Loyola Catholic Church