Kara's legal practice focuses on complex civil litigation in federal and state courts. She has experience in product liability and professional liability, in particular medical malpractice defense.
A representative sample of Kara's trial, appellate and litigation experience defending professional and products liability claims includes the following:
- Defended mental/behavioral health facilities and psychiatric hospitals in cases involving wrongful death and injury cases involving negligent discharge, failure to warn, and failure to monitor and treat.
- Defended hospitals and assisted living facilities locally and across the country in cases alleging negligent care and treatment claims to negligent privileging and credentialing claims.
- Defended emergency medicine physicians, physicians and surgeons practicing in other various specialties, in cases alleging medical malpractice.
- Defended professional corporations, laboratories, nurses, social workers, and chiropractors in medical negligence claims.
- Represented health care providers in board and professional review inquiries.
- Serves as national counsel for medical device manufacturer in products liability claims filed across the country.
Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold, LLP
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Colorado Rising Stars
Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice, 2010-2014
Consultant, CEB California Civil Discovery, Chapter 7: Interrogatories
(2006 California Board of Regents)
American Health Lawyers Association
American Society of Health Risk Managers
Defense Research Institute