Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell attorneys have represented construction contractors, subcontractors, architects, engineers, and their insurers in litigating claims at the trial and appellate level in federal and state courts.
Our lawyers have handled the litigation and arbitration of disputes involving a variety of construction-related matters, including:
- Construction defects
- Errors and omissions
- Contracts and other commercial matters
- Employment and labor
- Environmental torts, including asbestos
- Franchise and distribution issues
- Personal injury defense
- Premises liability defense
- Product liability defense
- Class actions
Following is a sampling of representations WTO lawyers have handled:
- Represent owners and general contractors in construction contracts and defects disputes in a number of industries, including real estate/commercial developments, environmental engineering, chemical processing and mining.
- Defend numerous large manufacturing, construction, and engineering companies against personal injury, product liability, and environmental tort claims related to exposure to asbestos found in insulation and other construction materials.
- Represented one of the largest international construction firms in litigation involving multibillion-dollar projects including dams, electrical plants, and oil refineries.
- Defended a construction consultant against a professional negligence claim related to criminal charges brought against the consultant's client for the death of five employees on the job.
- Defended a major construction company in litigation arising from concrete foundation issues during the construction of Denver International Airport.
- Represented a subcontractor involved in the construction of a Colorado gold mine facility in an environmental tort lawsuit brought by the mining company president.
- Represented an engineering and construction firm in a major environmental engineering case related to a water plant in Wyoming.
- Defended a utility engineering company in a case involving development of a new subdivision in Texas.
- Defended a home builder in litigation arising from the construction of 277 homes for the San Antonio Housing Authority.
- Represented a construction company's insurer in litigation involving a school explosion and flash fire.
- Represented construction companies in contract disputes with government agencies.
- Arbitrated numerous matters involving disputes between homeowners and contractors.
- Represented an excess insurer in a case involving a catastrophic construction accident with injuries from a fall from scaffolding.
- Represented insurance companies in defending claims related to construction and workplace personal injury cases in Colorado.