NITA Seminar: Deposition Skills
NITA Education Center, Boulder, CO
National Institute for Trial Advocacy
You can't win a trial at deposition, but you certainly can lose one. NITA's Deposition Skills program puts you in a realistic deposition setting and provides you the opportunity to discover the questioning style that best fits your personality and skills.
You will learn best practices in defending a deposition and how to prepare yourself and your witnesses for deposition. Using NITA's unique "funnel technique" you will practice and perfect the skills of:
- Eliciting exhaustive, expansive answers
- Theory testing during depositions
- Identifying other potential sources of information
- Closing off avenues of escape
- Successfully dealing with obstreperous counsel
- Knowing when, and how, to object when defending a deposition
- Using documents and other exhibits to gather information
A portion of the program is also devoted to ethical considerations in deposition settings and witness preparation.
Click here for more information and to register.
Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell is the founding sponsor of a National Institute of Trial Advocacy scholarship program for public service lawyers. This scholarship will cover full tuition and need-based travel assistance for two public service attorneys who represent those in communities of people who traditionally are unable to afford legal services. For more information about this scholarhsip program, click here.