Katie Yarger has represented clients in complex commercial, class action, product liability, and medical malpractice matters before federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration.
Before joining the firm, Katie served as law clerk to The Honorable Neil M. Gorsuch of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit and to the Honorable Allison H. Eid of the Colorado Supreme Court.
While in law school, Katie was Co-chair of the Moot Court Board. She also worked in Duke's Appellate Litigation Clinic, where she briefed and argued a case on behalf of a pro bono client in the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Katie's client prevailed in a 2-1 decision.
A representative sample of Katie's litigation experience includes the following:
- Along with WTO partner John Fitzpatrick, obtained a full defense verdict in a claimed $45,000,000 medical malpractice trial in which she cross-examined the plaintiff;
- Served as second chair in a mediation that resulted in a favorable settlement for a client in a medical malpractice action;
- Represented large multinational consumer goods manufacturer in putative class actions alleging product defects;
- Taking and defending depositions of numerous lay and expert witnesses; and
- Drafting successful pretrial motions, motions in limine, and appellate briefs.
Executive Assistant to The White House Office of Counsel to the President
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Law Week Colorado
Top Women Lawyers, 2012
Defense Research Institute
Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Neil M. Gorsuch, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Judicial Law Clerk to The Honorable Allison H. Eid, Colorado Supreme Court
Tennis, Skiing, Hiking, Running, Golf, Cooking