Kary Klismet has represented clients in a wide range of complex commercial and civil litigation matters including products liability, class actions, franchise and distribution disputes, liability insurance cases, and intellectual property lawsuits. He has successfully resolved numerous cases for clients at the arbitration level, in trial and appellate courts at both the state and federal level, and in the Colorado Supreme Court.
Among Kary's recent successes for his clients are the following:
- As part of WTO's Chrysler Group Franchise Arbitrations Team, Kary assisted in bringing approximately 25 arbitrations to a satisfactory resolution before or after hearing. Chrysler Group prevailed in each one of Kary's cases that reached the final hearing stage.
- Kary secured summary judgment in favor of his client, a Colorado-based construction company, in a multi-million dollar workplace injury lawsuit.
- Representing an entertainment industry trade association, Kary pursued multiple copyright infringement lawsuits on his client's behalf in federal courts throughout the country. Kary resolved several of the cases in his client's favor on motions for summary judgment.
Kary's professional specialties include providing practical legal solutions to clients in terms of case management, compliance with procedural law, and strategies for the protection of clients' sensitive and confidential information. Kary also has extensive experience guiding the discovery process in large litigation matters and has successfully argued discovery motions in front of multiple courts.
Oster & Martin, LLC
Holme Roberts & Owen LLP
Legislative Aide to United States Senator Charles E. Grassley
Legislative Aide to United States Senator Chuck Hagel
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Iowa Law School Foundation Merit Scholar
Best Brief Award, Baskerville Moot Court Competition