Trina Ruhland's practice focuses on the defense of complex commercial, personal injury, product liability, and class action matters. She has experience representing clients in the automotive, consumer products, and real estate industries before both federal and state courts.
A representative sample of Trina's litigation experience includes the following:
- First-chaired a two-day breach of warranty jury trial and obtained a complete defense verdict on behalf of a major automotive manufacturer in Colorado District Court, Jefferson County;
- Served as an integral part of a trial team that successfully defended its Fortune 500 food distribution company client against class certification in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado;
- Served as first-chair in several mediations resulting in favorable settlements for clients in personal injury and breach of contract actions;
- Taken and defended depositions of numerous lay and expert witnesses; and
- Represented a large multinational consumer goods manufacturer in several putative class actions alleging product defects.
Prior to joining Wheeler Trigg O'Donnell in 2011, Trina served as a law clerk to the Honorable Allison H. Eid of the Colorado Supreme Court. She also worked as a summer associate with a Denver firm and a Silicon Valley law firm focusing on commercial, copyright, patent, and trade secret litigation.
As a student attorney in the Civil Practice Clinic at Colorado Law, she received the Excellence in Clinical Education Award for her representation of several pro bono clients. Her work included winning asylum for a client in immigration court, successfully appealing the denial of Social Security Disability Insurance for two clients, and obtaining a favorable outcome in a permanent orders hearing for a client in a contested divorce case in Boulder County District Court.